With the Card check function, you can quickly and easily check ID06 cards directly in Ease CheckIn. Thus, Ease CheckIn can be used as a tool to carry out random checks of ID06 cards directly at your site, and ensure that those who perform work there have an active and valid ID06 card.
Card check ensures that the card is:
- Authentic - card certificates and personal certificates are reviewed.
- Valid - the card is active with ID06, not blocked or expired.
The card check can be done in two ways:
- Check card against the ID06 block list - the check shows the card number, if the card is active and when it expires.
- Check personal data - for this check, the ID06 card's PIN code must be entered. The card is checked against the ID06 blocking list, and shows whether the card is active and when it expires. You also get detailed information about the cardholder.
Follow these steps to perform a card check:
- Open and sign in to Ease CheckIn.
- Go to My sites.
- Select the Card check option.
For iOS: Select site and choose Card check from the menu options on the site check-in page.
For Android: Open the app's menu, which you drop down in the upper left corner, and select Card check from the menu options.
- Choose one of the options: Check card against ID06 block list and Check personal data. Note that the second option requires the person whose card is being checked to enter their PIN.
- If you select Check card against ID06 block list, press Read card and place the card against the back of the phone. See description below about what you need to consider if you read cards with an iPhone. The result is displayed directly on your screen. Green background if active. Red background if not active.
- If you select Check personal data, the person whose card is being checked must enter their PIN code. Then press Next, and then Read card. Place the card against the back of the phone. See description below about what you need to consider if you read cards with an iPhone. The result is displayed directly on your screen. Green background if active. Red background if not active.
INFO! The card's PIN code is available to the cardholder in the ID06 portal. Sign in and go to My cards. Select card and press the Show PIN code button.
INFO! Note that the reading is done with wireless NFC technology. So it is not the camera that should read the card.
TIP! Select the Previous card checks option if you want to see a list of card checks you have completed in the past. Here the card number is shown, whether the card was active at the time of the check, as well as the validity date and the date on which the check was carried out.
TIP! Use the Check another card option to read more cards, thus speeding up your workflow.
Reading cards with iPhone
If you are using an iPhone it can sometimes be difficult to perform the reading correctly. Please have the following in mind when reading cards with an iPhone:
- Rotate the card you're about to read to the right.
- Place the lower part of the card directly against the top part of the backside of the phone.
- When the reading starts the text "Reading...hold still!" is shown. Then it is important to keep the card in that position until the reading is done.
- If the reading does not work you might need to re-position the card. Try different positions until you find the right one. Small adjustments are recommended.
- If you are using a protective cover on your phone, this could affect the reading negatively. Remove the cover and try again.